Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stopping traffic is fun.

Thank you Elisabeth Moch for the perfect illustration
Today I ran some errands and I had a really crazy trip. I kept getting comments on my dress from strangers on the street. Like, lots of comments. A group of dudes passed my by and one said "oh my god you are SO beautiful!" and his friends were all "yeah man, she is!" It was really polite and friendly, like he was making an observation, not weird, creepy, I-want-to-get-in-your-pants-ish. It was neat.

Then I was walking down a busy sidewalk in the center of Harvard and this woman chased me down from across the street to ask me where I bought my "spectacular" dress. She said she was a designer and she asked me all kinds of questions about the construction. When I told her that I made it she gushed about what a good job I'd done. What a nice lady! I left that encounter with the biggest grin on my face.

So yeah, today has been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment