Monday, July 25, 2011

Oh, and...

I realize I totally skipped the whole "pictures of the dress so far" part of that post. Here you go:

The fun part of adding the strips: topstitching!
Another fun part: playing with crazy patterns!

The dress at around 11AM...

... around 3PM...

...1AM...

This morning.
I still have to finish adding the little strips around the bottom edge, work out how to cover the ugly-as-hell tops of those little strips, attach the lining, make ruffles for the bottom of the petticoat, attach the petticoat, and attach the straps, then hem the dress and edge the bodice with houndstooth bias tape. That sounds like a lot, but it's actually not so bad. Maybe a few more days if I stay on task? I totally won't stay on task, but still, it's a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment