Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Custom dress form - one day I will have one.

Photo courtesy of jezebel.com.
This is definitely a project for an upcoming vacation. I tried to make one via the duct tape method and it was an absolute train wreck. Within a couple of hours, my form was so saggy and smooshed that it looked more like Jabba the Hut with scoliosis than it looked like me. This seems a hell of a lot more involved, but since the form is rigid I think it'll hold up better. Man, I am so glad I went to art school.

Between this and learning to make patterns fit my non-standard body, my family is going to absolutely hate me. It's such a shame I don't have a robot assistant to do all the measuring, hemming, body casting, and other time-consuming, pain in the butt things I keep asking my loved ones to do. Hopefully once I get these things down I'll need to bug them less?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie!

    Just thought I'd drop you a note to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I'm also trying to improve my sewing skills and it's awesome to hear someone vent my same frustrations (with added humor and wit).

    Megan

    ReplyDelete