Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer vacation = Jessie learns to sew.

I have a roller derby blog, a derby quilt blog, and a few other blogs that I haven't updated in so long that they don't even count. Why the new blog? I have several reasons:

Thanks Steve's family for giving
him this machine that I now
use constantly.
• I've decided to finally learn to sew things I could wear. Up until now I've (ab)used my husband's sewing machine so I could make that derby quilt I've been laboring over for years. I'd like to learn to work on more 3D things because challenges are fun.

• I have summer vacation off for the first time since I was 14. I finished my masters last year, I don't have a summer camp job, and I'm not traveling to any fancy places. To say I have free time is an understatement.

• I'm such a weird dress size that I either have to learn to alter my existing clothes or flat-out start making new ones from scratch. Big boobs, big butt, small waist, huge roller derby thighs? Thanks genetics. Thanks skating. >:(

I have the following things at my disposal for this summer:

• A fabric store kitty-corner from my house.

• A Brother XL-5700 sewing machine

• A Brother 1034D serger (I caved and ordered one)

Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to do more than sew a circle skirt. I'd like at least one new outfit for school by September 1.

I'll see where this goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment